links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

my pay/my rent

Jun 8, 2007 7:10 PM
I just spent hours reading your blog. I found out from there where you are working and just spent another hour looking at CDI's website. Interesting set up they offer with the hourly vs. monthly thing. Do you really make at least $25 an hour when you do it that way? FORGIVE THE CAPS, JUST WANTED TO DIFFERENTIATE THE TEXT. YES, AT LEAST 25. I WAS OFFERED AND ACCEPTED 28. I DID NOT BOTHER TO NEGOTIATE MY CONTRACT. IM 99% SURE IM THE LOWEST PAID TEACHER THERE. IVE NOT ASKED, BUT TWO HAVE ASKED ME HOW MUCH I MAKE, AND WHEN I ANSWERED, THE CONVERSATION JUST SORT OF STOPPED? I WASNT GOING TO ASK HOW MUCH THEY MADE, BUT IM THINKING THAT HEARING HOW MUCH I MAKE COMPARED TO THEM WAS ALL THE INFORMATION THEY NEEDED TO KNOW THEY AIIGHT. I WOULD GUESS YOU WOULD MAKE AT LEAST 32 AN HOUR?

How much is rent per month? I LIVE IN AN OFFICETEL AND PAY 600 A MONTH, B/C IT'S AN OFFICETEL. A COUPLE LIVE ONE SUBWAY STOP FROM ME AND THEIR PLACE IS ABOUT HALF AS BIG AT MINE, BUT THEY ONLY PAY 400 OR SO. DEPENDS ON LOCATION AND TYPE OF HOUSING (APARTMENT OR OFFICETEL).

I read on your blog the opportunity to teach for a month or so in the summer (which sounds great) but the job is probably long gone huh? I DONT KNOW. THERE ARE SUMMER JOBS EVERYWHERE SO I'VE HEARD, I DONT KNOW 100% B/C IVE NOT GONE LOOKING FOR THEM.

I so need to get out of the US and I so need to get out of debt. I hoping SK is a good answer for both. I THINK IT IS. WORST CASE SCENARIO, YOU LIVE HERE AND WORK AND DONT HAVE ANY FUN. BUT IT'S ONLY A YEAR.

I would love to catch up with you. XXX said she is really enjoying her time there and saving about $1000 a month. How about you? How do you pay your student loans and credit cards from there? WOW, I AM NOT SAVING SO MUCH JUST YET AT ALL. WITH CDI HOURLY PAY, YOU DONT GET ANYTHING: SO I PAY MY OWN RENT AND BOUGHT MY OWN FURNITURE THINGS, ETC, SO IVE NOT REALLY MADE TOO MUCH YET. UHM... THIS WILL BE MY 3RD PAYCHECK... I WOULD SAY IVE SAVED... WELL, MAYBE 1000 B/C I REMEMBER I SENT 500 HOME AND I HAVE 500 IN THE BANK RIGHT NOW. YEAH. NOW THAT I HAVE ALL MY HOME NECESSITIES, I THINK I WILL SAVE MORE.

I so want to ask you questions about everything but don't want to bombard you via myspace email. Do you have gmail or msn or skype or any other way to use our typing skills (from red envelope....) hah. ? Let me know what the best way to reach you is. BEST FOR ESL RELATED QUESTIONS IS i_teach_esl@yahoo.com IT'S THE EMAIL I USE FOR THE BLOG, SO RANDOM PEOPLE ASK ME QUESTIONS THERE, SO I CHECK IT DAILY TO REPLY TO ALL INQUIRIES.

Thanks SO much. Glad you are loving it. ME TOO!

No comments: