links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

what's the blk female perspective? hell, i dunno.

Sent: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 7:46:12 AM
Subject: Hi I'm going to CDI

Hey there. My name's K. I happened to stumble across your site when I was looking for black people teaching and living in Korea. I actually just got offered a position at CDI that I will be taking advantage of and will be headed to Seoul mid-July. It's my first real experience being away from home, just out of college and being immersed in a language I barely know. I was just wondering, I read your blog and you gave some great advice I've jotted down about banking, flying and such and was just hoping to maybe start a bit of correspondence. I have two other friends in CDI now but as a black female I was hoping to get that perspective. Especially for my family's sake so they don't worry as much as they would.Sorry to ramble on, so if I don't sound like a total weirdo is it possible to get any more detailed insight on what your stay in Korea has been not just as a black woman but as an ESL teacher at CDI as well?Thanks for any in advance!===============

My name's K. hi k.

I actually just got offered a position at CDI that I will be taking advantage of and will be headed to Seoul mid-July. coo. i'll still be here, so we'll meet for lunch or sumfin.

It's my first real experience being away from home, just out of college and being immersed in a language I barely know. congratulations! stepping outside of one's own box helps you grow, otherwise we all become self centered, selfish a-holes.

I have two other friends in CDI now but as a black female I was hoping to get that perspective. ok, aside from reading my silly blog, do you have specific questions? i seem to get this type of question a lot, and im never sure how to answer...

No comments: