links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

Date: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 6:23 PM

g has left a new comment on your post "global village center":

I'm so glad you put this link up! I've been having the hardest time looking for links on resources for Korea other than the esl forums.

And I'm sorry about the reply about my question a while back. I totally forgot what my question was. It probably had to do with the training for CDi or maybe being a "bigger" girl in Korea.

But my email addy is:... if you want to exchange emails.
-=============================

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 9:42 PM:

hi, thanks for emailing. the global village was nice, they were very cool and friendly there, do you konw what part of korea you'll be in? maybe i can get a local email adrs for a global village for you. i wanted to tell you that i deleted your comment: i have a random jerk who reads my blog and leaves racist comments, and i fear that person may spam you (as s/he did with someone else who left an email). please comment away on my blog, i love it and it makes me feel special for sure, but try to not leave any personal info, unless it's already on your own blog.
===============

Sent: Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:50:55 AM

Oh wellI thanks for erasing my email addy asap! I was thinking it was a risk but I wanted to get a hold of you. If everything works out I'll be living in Daejeon. It's nowhere close to Seoul (like 150 km or so!) but on train it's about an hour away. Then again, I am cutting it so close that I might not be shipped out till September but I'm going - that's all that matters. Anyways, my questions I wanted to ask you were about training and how hard it would be. I failed my mock teaching for the Geos interview (I think?) so I'm deathly afraid of it. Also, I'm not skinny by no means, should I bring alot of clothes? How hard is it to find American sized clothes like American Apparel or The Gap? I've already been told that Club Monaco was common in Seoul...not that I want to spend that kind of money.
========================

Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 1:11:38 AM
Subject: Re:

I wanted to ask you were about training and how hard it would be.

training is a week long, maybe 4 hours a day? maybe 6? not sure.
http://theblackeslteacher.blogspot.com/2007/02/cdi-orientation-schedule.html

http://sistershainseoul.blogspot.com/search?q=training

I failed my mock teaching for the Geos interview (I think?) so I'm deathly afraid of it
dont worry. if you dont do well w/mock at cdi, they jsut have you stay a few more days worst case scenario.

Also, I'm not skinny by no means, should I bring a lot of clothes?
yes. especially for the seasons: summer here is HOT. winter here is COLD.

How hard is it to find American sized clothes like American Apparel or The Gap? I've already been told that Club Monaco was common in Seoul...not that I want to spend that kind of money.this will depend on what part of korea youre in. in itaewon, you can find shops. everytime i walk down the main drag there, someone calls out to me, "hey, big size! we have big size!"

No comments: