links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

when i first got here

an email I wrote: 2/17/07
hi, this is The Fly Seoul Sista (theblackeslteacher.blogspot.com) ive been in seoul for about a week now, i dont start teaching for another week, but so far i really really like it here. i found out that im to be teaching in pyongchon. i already miss my brothas & sistas tho... are there any mixers or groups or anything at all where black folks meet in seoul?
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:32:03 +0900
hi ;-)You know what? I don't know where black folks hang out because when it comes to black folks, I'm a bit of a weirdo if you know what I mean. It just means that sometimes I don't fit easily in African-American groups. I've always been that quirky outlier that hung with kids of all kinds. That followed me pretty much up to this day. The only place where I had a click of black friends like me was in college and law school where we were all the black kids who were smart enough, lucky enough and financially well off enough to go.However, your best chance is probably Itaewon. It's more African than black American though, but I've run into folks from the military there. That's the thing. Most blacks who are American are with the military and they already have their home comforts on base.Unfortunately, whites dominate the social scene in Seoul but I know there has to be SOMEWHERE where black folks hang out. If you find it, let me know because I'm at my wits end with these pasty irritating folks.


thus came these:
========================================
to find more of us in seoul:
========================================

No comments: