links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

cdi grammar test/training (mock teaching)

Date: Jun 16, 2007 3:09 PM
Thank you so much for your response! You have no idea how relieved I am! Do you remember how long the grammar test was? Do they time you? I really hope I pass the grammar test at least on the 2nd try, if I don’t, I would feel horribly stupid.

When you do the mock teaching, do you do it in front of the other trainee’s? I can imagine how intimidating it would be. How long did it take you to prepare for class? I would imagine once you get used to it, you wouldn’t need much preparation?

I really want to thank you again for responding back to me. I would really appreciate it if you could give me any other advices or comments (i.e. any difficulties, what I should look out for, etc. etc.) on teaching at CDI. Thank you and I really look forward to your next message! how long was the grammar test: i dont remember. i think it was timed, but nobody was cut off before they were finished. do NOT feel stupid for not passing the first time, or even the second. the test was no joke. and really, how many of us native english speakers actually learn grammar and remember it? i did pass the first time, but i think b/c i minored in english, and i studied spanish for many years (and with a foreign language, you get lots of grammar lessons). to prepare for class, i dont know how long it takes b/c i dont time, and it all depends on the lesson, but i would guess it takes less than one hour a day. im sure im the slowest among my colleagues.

No comments: