links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

weight/ personal questions

Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:23:07 AM
Subject: Hello...sorry it was set to private...

Hello,
I left a comment the other night about asking questions. I didn't realize my profile was set to private. It shouldn't be now. Anywho, I read in your blog about making yourself more "hire-able"-wrong word- I know. Is the weight such a large issue or is it more of the convenience of being able to find clothes in country?

How early did you start your job search? I won't be graduating until May of '09 so I'm still in the research phase. Your blog is a wonderful relief from the overkill on drama on eslcafe by the way. I'm from south Louisiana I'm glad to know about your experiences in South Korea because I almost didn't want to go when I read some of the things on eslcafe. I also liked the article on hair-the blog link was good too. I have several friend who leave their hair natural and I love their hair. I know it doesn't compare at all but I get really irritated when people go to tanning booths or when people color their hair to be the exact opposite of what it should be(brown-blonde, etc).

Pardon my rambling and random talk, please, I noticed the blog on music/instruments as well. It would've killed me to give away intruments like that. Where all have you traveled/lived? I've done short-term missions to Latin America and Russia. Anywho, thanks for the blog, it's good information.
==============================

Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 12:25:32 AM
Subject: supa fly in seoul

I read in your blog about making yourself more "hire-able"-wrong word- I know. Is the weight such a large issue or is it more of the convenience of being able to find clothes in country? inconvenience. no one has been awful to me at all. but i dont do a lot of shopping. tho i can, in itaewon, i walk down the street and they yell, "big size! we have big size!" :)

How early did you start your job search? i started in november i think. i had a job by december.

but I get really irritated when people go to tanning booths or when people color their hair to be the exact opposite of what it should be(brown-blonde, etc). me too... tho i wouldnt mind losing a few pounds to change my own appearance. tho i do like no work towards getting there at all... :)

Pardon my rambling and random talk, please, I noticed the blog on music/instruments as well. It would've killed me to give away intruments like that. i decided to make a fresh start. and they went to people i loved.

Where all have you traveled/lived? I've done short-term missions to Latin America and Russia i did two months in europe in my early twenties. ive made three visits to ghana, west africa, at one month each. and now here in south korea.

Anywho, thanks for the blog, it's good information.thank ya!

No comments: