links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

where to work/vegetarians/what to bring

Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:08:53 -0400
Thanks for the reply. I forwarded all the emails that I have received from them to you. I am a little leery about them two reasons being that I have not had an interview with anyone and they have never called me.Things are going great for me, a bit stressful, these recruiters can put a lot of pressure on you if you let them, I did not know they were going to be like this. I haven't really gotten any good offers in the cities that I listed as my preferences - Bundang, Incheon , and Seoul and the surrounding cities. Do u have any suggestions on cities? I would like to live in a big city or at least minutes away from one.Not sure where I saw this either on you blog or the myspace page. . .or was it on dave's well anyway I saw that there is a vegan/vegetarian meet-up,is there? I'm a vegan and it would be so awesome if that's true!!! another silly question, will it be hard to eat out vegan? also I heard that it is good to bring your own seasoning is that true? speaking of bringing things, what are some of your suggestions? what are some essential things that I should pack.I remember reading your myspace group page about the hair salon's have you checked those out? This morning I recieved a contract from Wonderland- I do not want to work there. . . I've heard to many bad things about them, even though I realize that they are a franchise I still am not interested. what have you heard about them? this one is located in Chucheon.So how are things with you? Thank again for everything :)
==========================
Things are going great for me, a bit stressful, these recruiters can put a lot of pressure on you if you let them, I did not know they were going to be like this. just keep being polite and say you need to think about whatever offer it is. if they keep insisiting on something you've already turned down, keep the polite-ness and say "no thank you." it can get tiring, but personally i think it's important to always be nice.

I haven't really gotten any good offers in the cities that I listed as my preferences - Bundang, Incheon , and Seoul and the surrounding cities. Do u have any suggestions on cities? i dont know anything about these cities, but certainly there must be jobs available there, they're everywhere. if you really want one of these, keep waiting until you get an offer for one of your locations.

Not sure where I saw this either on you blog or the myspace page. . .or was it on dave's well anyway I saw that there is a vegan/vegetarian meet-up,is there? I'm a vegan and it would be so awesome if that's true!!! yes, they meet every two weeks for a dinner. the info is on daves, and on wikigalbi, i think you can join their email list for their upcoming gatherings.
another silly question, will it be hard to eat out vegan? ah, sorry, i cant help you there, im not vegetarian at all. i would suggest learning some korean phrases like "i dont eat meat" or something. actually, im pretty sure the wikigalbi page has a list of phrases as such.

ah shit, i found it!
http://wiki.galbijim.com/index.php/Vegetarian

also I heard that it is good to bring your own seasoning is that true? nah. if youre a big time cook, then i guess so, but really no.

speaking of bringing things, what are some of your suggestions? what are some essential things that I should pack. bring deoderant. bring tampons. bring at least a one month supply, or travel size packages, of all your toiletries. the communication issue is really intimidating at first, and it's really shitty to have that frustration of not being able to talk to people every single place you go, and you need to buy qtips or something.

I remember reading your myspace group page about the hair salon's have you checked those out? i walked around itaewon and wrote down phone numbers of the places i found. ive not personally gone to any of them to get my hair done. some of the people in the group have and have commented on it in one of the forums.

This morning I recieved a contract from Wonderland- I do not want to work there. . . I've heard to many bad things about them, even though I realize that they are a franchise I still am not interested. what have you heard about them? this one is located in Chucheon.yes, each wonderland is different. i have a coworker who used to work there, and LOVED it. another who worked at a different location and hated it.

No comments: