links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

etc

Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 12:21:54 PM
Subject: Questions from Another Black Woman in Seoul

Hello!
My name is xxx and I am black woman from Maine (yes, there are black people in Maine) teaching in Seoul, South Korea. I stumbled across your blog today, and I was totally frackin' blown away by your infinite coolness. Thank you for your candor and your useful information.

I am currently in the process of looking for a new job because the company I am working for is going under due to poor management, and I'm discovering the ugliness of attempting to get new visa paperwork while already in Korea. I was brought over on an E-6 visa to teach drama and dance, and now I need an E-2 in order to continue to stay here, which requires totally different paperwork. Finding your very succinct information on getting a criminal background check was great.

Can you recommend any recruiters or school districts that are black people friendly? The first school that hired me, fired me on the first day because the parents did not want a black woman teaching their children. Now the company that brought me here has me teaching at five different schools part-time and I'm exhausted. Any advice you could give would be super appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.
==========================

Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2009 1:59:45 PM
Subject: Re: Questions from Another Black Woman in Seoul

Can you recommend any recruiters or school districts that are black people friendly? footprints and worknplay are popular. so long as they dont ask you for money, use them, they're all the same (in that all they do is find a job for you, they're only a middle man).
The first school that hired me, fired me on the first day because the parents did not want a black woman teaching their children. tho this does happen, it's not an everyday norm. try any other recruiter.
Now the company that brought me here has me teaching at five different schools part-time and I'm exhausted. Any advice you could give would be super appreciated. did they say how long this would keep going for you? did they tell you waht you'll be doing in the future, int eh summer term, etc?.

are you on facebook? many people to seek advice from there:
find black folks in south korea on facebook:

No comments: