links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

banking/paying bills

may 15, 2008
RCVPHarv has left a new comment on your post "a year plus later":

Hi, I just accepted an offer for CDI to start in July. I wanted to know if I could speak to you about what to bring, what you don't need, and what the apartments are like?I'm doing the monthly plan, at least I want to b/c it sounds so much easier. I'd love for you to get back to me. My e-mail is ...
==============================
----- Original Message ----
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 9:44 PM
english teacher <
i_teach_esl@yahoo.com> wrote:

hi mike. im super behind on emails. are you in korea now?
========================
----- Original Message ----
from: Michael
To: english teacher
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:22:43 PM
Subject: Re: korea

No problem. Thanks for getting back to me.No I leave july 10th for Korea.
=================
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:34 AM
english teacher wrote:

did you decide on cdi? which location will you be? if youve any questions, let me know, im much better at replying to emails now. :)
=========================
----- Original Message ----
From: Michael
o: english teacher
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:45:03 AM
Subject: Re: korea

Hi, yes I decided on CDI.I will be working in Incheon, I arrive on July 11th, and will be in Seoul for about 10 days then move to Incheon.
==========================
----- Original Message ----
From: Michael
To: english teacher
Sent: Friday, July 4, 2008 9:11:47 PM
Subject: Re: korea

Thanks very much, I do have a question.I'm finding it hard to believe that in order to pay bills (such as credit card bills) from Korea, that a wire transfer is needed. With all the internet power over there, is it not possible to link a credit card to the bank account and do electronic transfers that way?What is the bank that I would probably use over there, do you know? If you know I can check with the branch in NY and talk to them there.Thanks!
=============================

----- Original Message ----
From: english teacher
To: Michael
Sent: Saturday, July 5, 2008 4:15:10 PM
Subject: Re: korea

hi mike. i would wager that there is a way to pay all your bills back home with your korean bank account, but ive never explored it, and i dont know anyone who has. everyone i konw sends money to their US or canadian bank account. from there, we go online and pay our bills from that account.

i woudl imagine doing everything from your korean account is difficult, at least b/c of the language barrier. if you do online banking here, the website will likely be inkorean. maybe no one from your bank speaks english fluently. what if you make a mistake online? how frustrating would that be, problems withyour money and not being able to have it fixed right away, if at all? and when you leave korea (most people stay for their one year contract, and then head home), are you going to bring a big box of cash home with you? it's easier to wire $ home, and then pay your bills online from there.

however, ifyou do find a way to do everyone from your korea account, do let me know, and perhaps let me post it on my blog to help others. i dont know if the major banks are the same all over seoul, but branches that i see everywhere are: Shinhan, IBK, Hana, and Woori. Perhaps your new york bank can helpyouwith that.

one more thing, you had posted your email adrs on myblog, could you go back and take the adrs off? ive been having problems: there is some random guy who occasionally reads my blog and then posts racial slurs, and i fear that if that person sees your email, he may harass you (as he did with someone else who left their email adrs on the blog).

No comments: