links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

cdi training/housing/transportation

Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:04:50 AM
Subject: Re: CDI Questions for the Supa Dupa Seoul Fly Sista

Hi Supa Dupa Fly Seoul Sista,
I recently graduated and I have applied to CDI and am working with a recruiter. The Recruiter told me that my interview was successful and that they will recommend me to CDI, so hopefully I will get in! I have to submit my essay and application. The next step is passing training.
My first question for you is, how is training? My employment with CDI depends on passing my training. I got a copy of a sample of the training schedule, but its not very detailed. What new skills do we have to learn? And for the tests that we have to take at the end, what are they based off of?
Second question: CDI offers either a Officetel or Villa. They said that the Officetel usually is nicer and has air conditioning. Is this true, are the officetels nice? (Meaning is there enough space to live comfortably, are they clean, are the walls as thin as a dorm wall, where you can hear almost every word your neighbor is saying)? Is there anything I should be aware of when working with a CDI Realtor?
Third question: Is regarding transportation. I don't really know where the hot spots are around Seoul. All I know isthat Seoul is much bigger than Minneapolis. Is the public transportation sufficient, so if I end up in one district, I can easily get to another to visit friends or go to specific hot spots?
Thank you for your time miss. I look forward to your reply
A
=====================

Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:56:53 PM
Subject: Re: CDI Questions for the Supa Dupa Seoul Fly Sista

Hi Supa Dupa Fly Seoul Sista, hi a.
how is training? thorough.
My employment with CDI depends on passing my training. you will. everyone passes training. worst case scenario, you dont do well in training: they ahv eyou stay for another couple days, or another week in training, and help you to get it down. really, dont worry.
What new skills do we have to learn? you'll learn the cdi structure and how to deal with kids. if you have prior teachign experience, it's not too difficult. if you dont, cdi teaches you, so dont worry.
And for the tests that we have to take at the end, what are they based off of? you mock teach, and take a test on basic grammar and class structure. your trainers will help you to pass them.
CDI offers either a Officetel or Villa. They said that the Officetel usually is nicer and has air conditioning. Is this true, are the officetels nice? (Meaning is there enough space to live comfortably, are they clean, are the walls as thin as a dorm wall, where you can hear almost every word your neighbor is saying)? yes, they're nice. with other places youlive, you'll have to buy your own washing machine, refridgerator, air conditioner (summer here is brutally hot). most people choose officetels b/c they'll only stay for their one year contract. officetels are very different, tho, some are really nice, some are not so nice. you'll get to see the places before you pick which youlike. go to youtube and type in "officetel" many people load videos of what they're places look like.
Is there anything I should be aware of when working with a CDI Realtor? no.
Is the public transportation sufficient, yes. http://www.smrt.co.kr/Train/Subwaymap/Eng/Subwaymap.jsp
so if I end up in one district, I can easily get to another to visit friends or go to specific hot spots? yes. once you figure out the subway syste, you can get anywhere. all the signs are in english.
you can get more basic info here:
you can read through here to read other questions people have asked me:
also, along the top of the blog is a search box. type in anything, like "training" or "grammar test" or "housing" and you'll see all the posts ive written about it.
========================================
========================================

No comments: