links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

how soon can i get a job

To: english teacher i_teach_esl@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, Sept 14, 2007 8:29:15 AM
Subject: tefl korea

I'm hoping this message finds you well. I'm writing to ask you about the opportunities for TEFL in Korea. First off, up until a few days ago, I was on my way, or so I thought, to teach ESL in Indonesia with an organization known as English First. Unfortunately, they are doing a lot of things that are showing me that I should probably just stay away. However, I definitely want to teach ESL and I want to leave now to do it.

I hold a BA in English and Religion and I just completed a month-long TEFL course up in Boston. I'm a ready, ready, and mo' ready to teach and get up out of Atlanta. Right before I left for Boston, I met a young lady who told me about ESL opportunities in Korea. Up until then, I hadn't really heard of them that much. I always kept it in the back of mind, though, in case something happened with my Indonesia trip. Given that it seems I am now in that boat, I'm not wasting any times switching gears to get myself in a better situation.

Anyhow, I wanted to ask you, are there many opportunities to teach in Korea? More so, are there good LEGIT opportunities to teach in Korea? Is the money good? And do they frown upon being married to a non-teaching spouse?

I have questions for days, but given that we don't know each other, I won't bombard you like that, lol. If you take any time to answer any of these questions, I'd definitely appreciate it. At this point, I'm just trying to plan my next move so I can still get out of the USA as soon as possible to start teaching. Take care of yourself and I hope to hear from you soon.
===============================
Sent: Friday, Sept 14, 2007
Subject: tefl korea

hi erica. yes, opportunities galore to teach here in korea. the only requirements is that you be a citizen of a specific country (youre american, yea? so youre straight), and have a Bachelors in ANY subject.

the website i started with was eslcafe.com/forums/korea. read the FAQ. ignore all the negative stuff. i kept a blog about my preparation for korea, theblackeslteacher.blogspot.com if it helps.

you will make at least 2,000 USD a month (plus free rent). i think you can ask for more b/c of your teaching experience. they will reimburse your airfare. lots of legit opportunities, just use your intuition. and i am here for any of your questions. hit me up anytime.

No comments: