links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

poor lonely girl...

Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 12:56:25 PM
Subject: Saw your blog


I saw your blog and was wondering if you'd be willing to talk with me over email. I am going to be teaching in Korea and even though I am Korean by ethnicity, I'm terrified. I was adopted as a baby and am more American than most Americans!

I'm sorry this is so out of the blue.....but I'd really appreciate it.
==================
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:24:19 PM
Subject: Re: Saw your blog

it sounds like you need to talk to other kyopos.
i cant give you any advice on this, Suga, im sorry...
============================
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 2:43:49 AM
Subject: Re: Saw your blog

Okay, I appreciate your reply. But one last thing....what's a kyopo?
============================
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 6:05:33 AM
Subject: Re: Saw your blog

kyopo is the term for a Korean person who was raised abroad.
google the words kyopo and blog, you'll probably find something to read through.
also read the FAQ on daves for info on teaching/living in korea. ignore all the negative stuff:
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/index.php
============================
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 6:41 AM

hi, how are you? are you in korea?
===========================
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:42:12 AM
Subject: Re: Saw your blog

Yes, I am in Korea and so far it's kind of crazy. Still trying to get adjusted to everything and am finding it difficult, although no more difficult than I thought it would be. A little homesick but I'm told I'll get over that part. I've been here officially over a month.
How r you?
===========================
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 12:20:21 PM
Subject: Re: Saw your blog

what part of south korea are you living in? finding like-minded people to make friends with makes all the difference int he world. have you found any people you like jsut yet? checked some facebook groups or something?
=======================
Sent:
Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:43:34 AM
Subject: This is my other email address

I'm living in Seoul near Guui station. It's definitely not westernized this way. I'm trying to get used to it. As far as people, the teachers I work with are pretty cool...mostly from Canada. I've met a few people from facebook so that's been helpful, but I still haven't really "bonded" with anyone. but it's only been 7 weeks and I've been spending a lot of time with my birth family and, of course, sick with a Korean cold. So I haven't had much of a chance yet.
================

Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:51:55 AM
Subject: Re: This is my other email address

guui station? is this the guui station that's 9 stops from gangnam? im having trouble understanding you, sweetheart, you dont feel this area is westernized? give me a call, lets meet for coffee sometime.
find black folks in south korea on facebook:

No comments: