links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Subject: Good position
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:43:30 +0900

This is Cindy from Good English in Korea. I have good teaching positions in Seoul, Bundang, Ilsan, Incheon, Kangneung and Busan. If you are interested , please send me your resume, photo and a copy of bachelor's degree and passport. I will definitely find a great teaching position for you. Please let me know your available time to start to work and convenient time for an interview. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and kind regards,
Cindy
82 11 311 8242
www.goodenglish1st.net
=====================
10/11/06
Thank you for your email. I have attached my resume and cover letter.
====================
On 11/18/06, CindyPark <goodenglish1st@gmail.com > wrote:
Dear S
I wonder if you are available.
I'd like to recommend a good position of CDI.
I've attached the information of CDI.
There are over 50 branches and franchises.
lease let me know if you are interested.
And then I will recommend you to the company.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and kind regards,
Cindy
========================
Subject: Interview at 11:30pm Korean time on Tuesday(your Monday evening )
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:43:45 +0900
Dear
It was nice talking to you on the phone.
You seemed very nice.
As I told you, I set up an interview at 11:30am Korean time on Tuesday(your Monday evening).
The manager will call you.
I hope the itnerview will be successful.

Thanks and kind regards,
========================
On 11/21/06:
Hi Cindy! Thank you so much for your call last night. I have been reading about CDI and I am VERY excited to interview with them tonight; they seem to be very professional with a good reputation, and I hope they will find me to be a good asset to their staff.

I do have some questions for you: what is the age range of the students? If CDI decides to offer me a position, I do have a couple of concerns if you are able to shed some light on these: I've read that CDI generally does not pay for airfare upfront. Is this negotiable? Could CDI pay for my ticket to Korea, and then deduct it from the first paycheck? Also, I've read that CDI generally doesn't provide housing, is this correct? If they do not, would they provide housing search assistance and key money? This will be my first time to Korea and understandably I'd like to make sure I would have a place to live arranged before I arrive.

Please forgive my multitude of questions. I'd like to bring up again my overall flexibility: I understand that CDI is open 365 days a year, and I'd like to reiterate that I have no problems working weekends, holidays, or split shifts. Attending occasional meetings or other work related events before or after the regular schedule is not an issue for me as well. When I graduated from college with two BA's, I concurrently earned a minor in English. I am certified to substitute teach here and I do have a good deal of experience working with full classes as well as one on one tutoring. I really hope that CDI finds me to be a worthwhile candidate. I'm very excited for the call tonight, thank you again for arranging it! :)

Thank you again, Cindy, I look forward to hearing from you.
==========================
11/21/06
Dear
The CDI will reimburse the airfare when you come to Korea.
There are 2 types of payment.
Monthly payment with a single housing or High hourly payment without housing(the school will provide a key money and help you to find a housing.

The manager will answer very kindly and specifically to you questions.

I hope the interview will be successful, as well.

Thanks and kind regards,
Cindy

No comments: