These are generic topics for a stand 5 paragraph essay, so i feel ok about posting them here, i dont think i'm giving away any secrets or something. One complaint about cdi that i'd read on an esl forum was having to write this essay. I think it's fair, tho, you'll be teaching english and this is a school that wants to hire people who are capable of that. The only requirement to teach in korea, aside from being a citizen of a specific country, is having a 4 year degree. And certainly not every single person with a college degree is “capable.” I could tell you some stories about some of the people i'd tutored...
Essay Topics for CDI Instructor Candidates
Directions: select one of the topics below and write a coherent essay in the Standard TOEFL format (introduction, body, and conclusion). Please save a Microsoft Word document to the DESKTOP under your FIRST and LAST name. Also, please write the ENTIRE question you choose to answer at the top. Length: 400 – 500 words (4-5 paragraphs, 1.5 - 2 pages) Time: 60 minutes
1. Do you suppose you would be happier if you lived more simply, eliminating the effort it takes to acquire an abundance of luxuries? Why or why not?
2. "Self-discipline is the most important ingredient for success." Attack or defend.
3. We often hear education attacked or defended on the basis of its utility. Define and explain what you mean by "useful" or "useless" when you apply those terms to education.
4. If you could live in some other historical period, which would you choose, and why?
Art and Culture
5. Should an introduction to art, music, and drama be a part of every college student's education? Explain why or why not.