links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:07:56 +090
Dear S,

I hope this email finds you well. I also wanted to find out if you would be able to arrive in Korea in the middle of February. The reason why I ask is that the new term begins on the 27th February and I would be able to offer you a position at that time. Your original request for early March means that you would be coming in after the beginning of the new term which makes it difficult to find a position. Please let me know if coming in a little earlier is a possibility so we can begin placing you.
Regards,
Jason
===============
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:35 PM
To: Jason Nieuwoudt
Subject: RE: CDI

Yes, I can come in February. Just give me a date. Thanks! :)
================
Subject: RE: CDI
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:08:33 +0900
Dear S,

That is wonderful news indeed. I am so glad you will be joining us.

I have attached the official application form with consent form (we do a degree check on all our instructors) and MOU for you to sign and fax back to me as soon as possible. I will need you to come on the 16, 17 or 18th February so you can begin training on the 19th. In this regard I need you to send me your confirmed flight itinerary as soon as possible so your position will be secured. Your first day of teaching will be February 27th with the new term so you can be assured a full schedule and will be able to make some very good money.

please also send me your docs (use FedEx or DHL that’s registered) for your E2 visa process. For this I need the following:
  • Original University Degree
  • 2 Official University Transcripts (signed/sealed on the back cover flap)
  • 4 passport size photos
  • A copy of your passport (the photo and signature page only)

I am certain that you will be very happy at one of our very own branches and wanted you to know that this is the best start for someone who is looking for other opportunities within the company.

Kindest Regards,Jason

===================
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 3:48 PM
To: Jason Nieuwoudt
Subject: RE: CDI

Hi Jason. I am still awaiting my passport (i sent it off to be renewed a couple of weeks ago), and I am still awaiting a copy of my degree. It may be another 5 weeks before I receive the degree, my school has an ungodly long wait period. Will that be OK? I do have official transcripts and passport photos. I will work on getting a flight and fax it to you as soon as I can. Tomorrow afternoon, I will fax these forms you've emailed me, and I can FedEx the transcripts and photos if that's OK without the passport and degree. I do have a photocopy of my old passport, but it's listed to expire in July and it's a very ugly photo.
=====================
Subject: RE: CDI
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:04:20 +0900
Hi S,

Don’t worry, I am sure things will work out as long as we are able to get all your docs by the end of January. This gives us about a week to process your visa and gives you a few days to get the visa from the embassy (call them and check how long this will take). I think its best to FedEx all the docs together.

The MOU and application form you can fax to me tomorrow as you said. The main thing is to get the flight itinerary so I can secure your position. Without this I cannot guarantee that the position will be available to you. You don’t need to fax the confirmed itinerary but can email it to me (some people just forward the confirmation email they get from the travel agent or online site.)

I also suggest getting on the case of the people at home affairs about your passport, and the university about your degree, as soon as possible.

PS. I don’t see how any photo you have can be ugly.

Regards, Jason
====================
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 3:15 AM
To: Jason Nieuwoudt
Subject: RE: CDI

Hello Jason. I'll be faxing the MOU and application form to you this afternoon, and once I book a flight, I'll forward you the email. I feel silly asking, but, I should be booking a flight to Seoul, right?
======================
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006
Hi S,

In answer to your question, Yes! You should be buying a flight to Seoul. All I need now is your MOU and application form. Remember we do degree checks on all our teachers and also when you arrive you will take a mandatory health examination and drugs test.

I will be in touch with lots more information to make sure your transition over is smooth. Also remember to get out your docs to me by FedEx or DHL as soon as possible.

I am looking forward to your arrival.

Regards, Jason

No comments: