links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

leaving in february

From: jasonn@cdimail.net
Subject: Update
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 18:03:55 +0900

How are you? I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to check something with you about your arrival date. We have just confirmed the dates for the Lunar New Year holidays in Korea and unfortunately they begin on the Saturday after you arrive. In this regard we are asking all candidates who are flying out around that time to push forward their arrival dates, if possible, to the previous week either Friday (9/2) or Saturday (10/2)? So basically one week earlier. Please let me know if this is possible with your ticket. If not, please don't worry. We will sort something out! Kindest Regards, Jason Nieuwoudt
==================
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 7:53 AM
To: Jason Nieuwoudt
Subject: RE: Update

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I can change the ticket, I'll work on it and email you tomorrow.
==================
Subject: RE: Update
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:17:01 +0900

Hi S, I really am sorry to bother you with this. Remember that if it's not possible, it's not the end of the world either. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Jason
==================
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 4:39 AM
To: Jason Nieuwoudt
Subject: RE: Update

Hi Jason. You're so very polite, I wonder if your English. :) I checked my flight, I could change it but the fees would be a little over $200. I feel tacky asking, but would CDI reimburse me that amount? If so, I'll work on changing the ticket straight away. Thanks!
=================
Subject: RE: Update
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:50:35 +0900
Hi S,

So sorry for taking so long to return your mail but I was off sick with food poisoning (along with not having any sleep for the last week as a result of the birth of my daughter) and am only back at the office today.

I have cleared this with the director and we are prepared to pay for the change as long as your visa is processed prior to your arrival. How is everything going in this regard?

PS. I am (proudly) South African ;)
Jason Nieuwoudt
=====================
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 1:42 AM
To: Jason Nieuwoudt
Subject: RE: Update

Oh, congratulations, Dad! Actually, with your (very charming) accent, I pegged you for either New Zealand or South Africa. I'll call to see what's taking my passport so long, and I will work on changing my ticket today, and I will email you with confirmation as soon as it's done. Thank you, Jason!
===================
Sent:Tue 1/09/07 12:59 AM
Thanks so much for the email and thanks for the congratulations. Let me know what they say about the passport.

Regards,
Jason

No comments: