step 1: have BA degree (if you have only associates or have 2 yrs of undergrad, check talk program).
step 2: regardless of where you were born, be a passport holding citizen of US, CA, UK, IR, AS, NZ, or SA
step 3: you also need the stuff listed below. get started on these things right away b/c they can take a long time.
- three sealed official copies of your college transcript
- your original college diploma.
- your resume
- your passport (do you need to renew? it has to be 6month valid after your arrival in korea).
- 6 copies of a passport photo. 3 photos will be sent to Korean Immigration, 1 will be offered to the Korean consulate and 2 will be required for your health examination in Korea. You can get photos in korea no problem; there are booths at many subway stations, but get at least 2 before you arrive in korea.
- aaaaaaaaand let's not forget the criminal background check. as of dec 31, 2010, it must be done via the fbi.
get more of everything if you can afford, b/c what if you get there and have the worst job ever? you want to get a different job; the process starts all over again if you do visa run.