holy cow, here i is near 11 months later! happy new year!
my contract is up in february, i'd like to go home and visit family/friends, and i definitely want to come back to teach again. probably at the same school, i like the job, i like the kids there.
i have plenty of gripes about my job and korea in general of course, but you all can find lots of that on other blogs.
but anyways, as i get blue for just a hot second, here is what i miss right now (excluding friends and family):
- the san diego weather. it's so cold here right now, my ears ache, my face hurts where my glasses are resting on my cheeks/nose, i dont go outside, i cant, it's torture.
- soy rolled tacos from el zarape. hmmm...
- familiarity. knowing where everything is and how to get everywhere.
- harar. ever since ive been here, ive had a reoccurring dream that im in san diego, rushing to get to harar b/c i want to eat the no.17 one more time before i go back to korea. and then i wake up all the way, realizing im nowhere near my favorite restaurant.
- my cats.
- the clubs i frequented that played hip hop i loved. btw jean grae is the number one emcee in the world.