links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Wednesday, January 05, 2000

this guy can email me ANYTIME!

Subject: You have a great blog!
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 14:41:43 +0000
Hi i_teach_esl,

I'm known as John from Daejeon. I've been teaching ESL here in Daejeon since last August, and I have to tell you that you have one of the best blogs on teaching in South Korea out there in the blogverse. (bold mine, hee hee!)

I was burnt once before, so I no longer blog, but I am happy to see that many of my experiences are mirrored in many other native speakers' lives.

I can't believe that you are able to blog so prolifically without your own computer and having to make use of those in PC Bangs/Rooms. Well, keep it up. I really do enjoy it. I wish I would have known about it sooner.

I destroyed my small refrigerator and was able to get a nearly full-size one at a second hand place for 180,000 won just down the street. Now, I can actually store my waffles from Costo and my half-gallons of ice cream. I also wanted to let you know that you can call home for free by using msn messenger if the other party also has msn messenger, or yahoo to yahoo, or skype to skype. I have msn and am able to use it as a phone as well to call the U.S. for 1.9 cents a minute. My students can't believe that I can survive without a "hand" phone. And, while I have satellite here in my apartment, I made sure that my laptop had slingbox (slingbox.com) installed so I can watch TV from back home thanks to my brother and Dish Network's dvrs.

If you need any info. or help, please drop me a line. John from Daejeon

No comments: