links i find vital

where it all started for me! (btw it starts off with like a min of music)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0b6c4f/n/metro_025_black_in_korea_2.mp3
a seoul radio station interview about bssk
http://www.zshare.net/audio/94134128ba8ecd63/
a bunch of interviews with black expats in soko
http://www.youtube.com/user/BSSKSEXIES
find family on facebook: Brothas&Sistas of South Korea
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752

Saturday, January 01, 2000

----- Original Message ----
From: DE
To: i_teach_esl@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 9, 2008 6:38:11 AM
Subject: Questions on teaching in S korea.

Thanks The research I performed was a little discouraging though I do know that this will be a big challenge. Some of my concerns were which "hakwons" were acceptable or not. One concern I had we that I was moving with limited funds due to being laid off and then called back to my job at less pay. One question I had was with being paid in Won can one pay American Bills easily. I was contacted by a recruiter who set up and interview with a school but the school canceled the interview due to fact I seemed hesitant with all my questions and concerns. What should one ask or not ask before or during and interview? Would you say the private institutions are better than the public institutions. Are there certain schools I should look into? When it the best time to move over? Sorry for so many questions but I appreciate your response.
=======================


----- Original Message ----
From: english teacher
To: DE
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 12:13:33 AM
Subject: Re: Questions on teaching in S korea.

Thanks for contacting meyeah, no problem.

which "hakwons" were acceptable or not. think of these like local shops that would repair your car. you never know, could be great, could be awful. each school is individually run and owned and it's all going to depend on who the boss/owner is.

One concern I had we that I was moving with limited funds due to being laid off and then called back to my job at less pay. borrow from friends/family and/or take an advance on a credit card and pay it back as soon as you can. you wont get your first paycheck for a couple of months. bring at least $1,500. that is what i brought, and i wish i'd had more.

One question I had was with being paid in Won can one pay American Bills easily yes. send money to your bank back home and pay bills online.

the school canceled the interview due to fact I seemed hesitant with all my questions and concerns. that's the reason they gave you, who knows the real reason. dont sweat it, a better offer will come. ask as many questions as you need to get comfortable.

What should one ask or not ask before or during and interview? i dont know... i dont think i asked anyquestions when i interviewed for my job. while talking to them, they answered any questions i may have had.

Would you say the private institutions are better than the public institutions. both have their benefits. i ahve only worked at one school, a hogwan, so i cant compare. check out the forums to see what people say about their jobs.

Are there certain schools I should look into? nall... think stores. each one is different, depending on the owner. but if you get an offer somewhere, maybe ask in a forum: I got an offer from X school, located in X. then maybe someone who works there will chime in and give their two cents. but be specific, posting where the school is.

When it the best time to move over? if you work for public school, i think they mostly hire in the fall, im not sure. hogwons hire year round.

No comments: