i got this email from woman at georgetown u who ran across my blog. wanted to share the info. link and more info here:http://elf.georgetown.edu/
I'd like to spread the word about this great opportunity for ESL teachers, especially those of color. I work in recruitment and selection for this U.S. Department of State-sponsored program in the EL Fellow Program.
Eligibility requirements include:
- U.S. citizenship
- Master’s degree with focus in TESL/TEFL (TESOL Certificate with a related Master's degree)
- Fellows must have minimum two years professional TESL/TEFL experience; teacher training and curriculum/material development are helpful.
- Senior Fellows must have minimum four years teacher training/teacher development experience; overseas TEFL experience is helpful.
- Stipend: Fellows - $25,000; Senior Fellows - $35,000
- Living allowance covering the cost of reasonable, safe and comfortable housing (comparable to the standard of living in the country of assignment), food, utilities, and local transportation.
- International round trip transportation from the Fellow’s U.S. residence to the host country.
- Supplemental health benefit plan while abroad (not to replace any health insurance held by the Fellow).
- Miscellaneous allowances (shipping, educational materials, in-country program activities, and pre-departure expenses).
We are currently accepting applications for placements beginning fall 2011 and early 2012.
Center for Intercultural Education and Development